Monday, January 2, 2012

Super Simple Magnetic Fridge Catch-Alls

My first DIY Tutorial is something I whipped up in less than 1/2 hour tonight.  I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought... I could do that!  

First things first: You will need a few basic things you may or may not have around the house.
  •  Some type of container- I used an old Crystal Light drink mix container.  Any small box or leftover dish will work though. 
  • Something to cover it with- Old magazines, paint samples, old birthday/thank you/Christmas cards
  • Magnetic stick on strips (cheap at walmart or use old magnets you already have and glue!)
  • basics: ruler, scissors, glue stick, tape or clear contact paper

Cut out a favorite picture from the magazines or a pretty card you just could't throw away.  It doesn't have to fit the container exactly.. have fun!  Or use an old container that already has a cool design on it!
    
No scissors needed for this particular project.. the card was the perfect size already! If your picture is too big, just trim it down to fit.  then tape it on to the back side.  If you want it to cover it in clear contact paper to protect it, go ahead, I didn't on this one though.

 

Glue/stick the magnets on the back.  Put it on the fridge, fill it full of stuff and you are done!


 These can be made for all different areas of the house!  My front door is magnetic so I can put keys and sunglasses there so I don't forget them.  You can put it on your dryer/oven/dishwasher or any other metal spot on the house to hold pencils/pens/straws/candy/utensils/etc!


If you need more detail, let me know! I am new to the whole blogging & tutorials thing.

1 comment: